SPACE* – Small Grant Fund
Space have been successful in securing Devon County Council’s contract for youth services across Devon for 2020-23/25. As part of that contract SPACE have been asked, in partnership with VOYC, to continue allocating much needed funding to local youth clubs who are contributing to the Youth Work in Devon Partnership as members of VOYC. There are a few changes to the criteria and guidance, which are highlighted below. Please ensure you read all the guidance documentation before applying to avoid disappointment.
Due to financial due diligence SPACE will no longer be funding individual young people with this grant fund.
SPACE will be reserving £1000 for each Local Youth Network to apply to support their strategic ambitions (local shared training, events, impact measurement) based on their current development.
The priorities and weighting for the Small Grant Fund for the year 20/21 are as follows:
- Youth clubs that are active in their local youth networks and connected with others clubs in their area
- Youth clubs that provide positive activities for young people aged 11-19
- Preference towards youth work salaries and running costs over equipment, which is easier to secure elsewhere.
- Prioritise Youth Work practice and methods as recognised by the National Youth Agency (young leadership and co-design, inclusive and accessible) over ‘activities for young people’ that are skill and/or single interest-based.
How it works:
- Maximum grant of £5000 per group per year
- Startup Grants for new youth groups of up to £1000
- For groups working with any young people aged 11-19
- Groups of young people from across Devon called The 9th Hub, meet 3 times per year to consider applications.
- The young people of 9th Hub allocate the grants according to a set of agreed criteria
More info here: https://spacepsm.org/community-team-home/
If you need more information about how to apply or need advice on filling out and submitting a form, please contact the Space* Community Team who will be able to assist you.