What is the Reconnect Rebuild Recover Community Fund?
As restrictions ease and a return to normality begins, Devon County Council is keen to help local communities to reconnect, rebuild and recover, safely and confidently, the rich and varied social and community-led facilities and activities within the communities of Devon.
The Reconnect Rebuild Recover Community Fund will provide grant funding of up to £1,000 for smaller projects and between £1,000 and £3,000 for larger projects for community-led initiatives which identify and achieve, in a safe (e.g. COVID-19 compliant) and confident way, the important things that matter to and help local people to reconnect, rebuild and recover their community-led facilities and/or social activity.
Devon County Council are looking to support initiatives that:
- assist community needs-led social facilities and activities to re-commence in a safe and compliant way: confident that any community offer they provide is COVID-19 compliant and that the communities they aim to serve are fully aware and confident of the recovery measures taken.
- encourage, support and help people across the age range to re-connect, participate and socialise in a confident and safe (COVID-19 compliant) manner, supporting and improving their physical, mental and emotional health and wellbeing through COVID-19 compliant community-led facilities and activities.
- identify the need, provide and promote safe community-led transportation links and services, which encourage and help people to re-connect and re-socialise safely within their communities.
- encourage people to develop skills and learning through volunteering their time, knowledge and expertise to help and support both the provision of COVID-19 compliant community-led facilities and social activity, and the people using them.
Devon County Council are unable to fund projects that:
- support animals
- support a single faith without wider Community benefit
- are delegating any acquired funds to third parties
- provide support to more than 25% of beneficiaries living outside of the Devon County Council Administrative Area.
Who can apply?
Applications are accepted from:
- constituted and not-for-private-profit voluntary, community and social enterprise (VCSE) sector groups and organisations
- town and parish councils
- charities or businesses
- very small groups who have no independent bank account (who have an eligible sponsor)
- a combination of such groups working together.
How much can you apply for?
The amount you can apply for depends on the type of project and the costs involved. Grants will typically be under £1,000 and these grants will be paid to organisations prior to work taking place. Grants of between £1,000 and £3,000 will be reimbursed upon receipt of an end of project report outlining what the funds paid for and the impact and outcomes. Where there is evidence that a project is exceptional, DCC may enter into discussions with applicants and offer higher awards.
Applications will need to include details of how much funding will be required and how you have assessed the need for that amount.
For more details and applications, please visit the DCC Reconnect, Rebuild, Recover information page: click here
If you would like assistance with your application, advice or support, please get in touch with us at the Diverse Regeneration Company. We have been helping communities and projects gain successful funding support for over 15 years.
We are the experts! Get in touch.