Farming Equipment and Technology Fund (Small Grants)
The Farming Equipment and Technology Fund (FETF) provides support to businesses so that they can invest in equipment and technology to improve sustainable agricultural, horticultural and forestry productivity.
The Rural Payments Agency (RPA) delivers the grants. Their role is to assess applications, make offers for grant funding and payments on behalf of the Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs (Defra).
Who is eligible to apply? Farmers, horticulturalists, forestry owners and contractors to the industry are all eligible to apply.
Minimum Grant: £2,000. Maximum Grant £25,000
The grant is a contribution towards the cost of buying new technology or equipment from an approved list in Annex 3 (see below). The Items available to apply for have been identified following consultation with industry groups and suppliers, to help:
- Improve agricultural productivity
- Contribute to improved Animal Health and Welfare
- Encourage more sustainable pesticide usage
- Improve air and water quality
- Reduce GHG emissions in line with Net Zero targets
- Reduce unsustainable use of abstracted water
- Encourage sustainable management of woodlands
If the equipment you want is not listed at Annex 3, or does not meet the minimum specification for the relevant Item in Annex 3, it is not eligible under this fund.
Eligible items: Annex 3
Applications are open now – Deadline for applications: 7 Jan 2022
If your application is successful you will need to purchase items and install them ready to claim back the costs on or before end September 2022.
- Talk to your suppliers and makes sure items are in stock and check their prices.
- Before filling in your application, get the necessary information together: SBI number (Make sure your Rural Payments registration is complete and up to date), VAT number, farm details (hectares, livestock numbers, number of employees, etc), details of the items you wish to include
- If successful, place your order as soon as possible in case of delivery delays
- Keep copies of all relevant documents (e.g. order forms, receipts, bank statements, etc) ready to make your claim
- Make sure you submit your application and claim on time
If you need any advice or help with your application, please get in touch – we are experts and here to help.