The Gap Grant Scheme is a specialist grant scheme designed to assist businesses facing severe financial difficulty due to cash-flow issues.
To be eligible, businesses must:
- Employ at least 10 employees on PAYE (businesses with fewer than 10 employees will be considered in exceptional circumstances)
- Be eligible for or already received either a Local Restrictions Support Grant or Additional Restrictions Grant
- Be able to evidence the business was not in financial distress prior to the COVID-19 outbreak
- Be able to evidence how much grant funding is required to cover their financial gap between the beginning and end of national/local restrictions
- Be able to explain why financial support cannot be obtained from an alternative source, like a bank for example
Businesses who meet the above criteria can email Teignbridge District Council to express their interest in the scheme.
Those who express an interest who appear to be eligible will be asked to fill out an application form and provide supporting evidence. Teignbridge District Council will seek external guidance to accredit all evidence which is submitted by the business.
The business must demonstrate a clear need for the grant and propose a grant amount which will cover the financial gap.
If you’d like more information on GAP Grants and how we can help – please do not hesitate to Contact Us here at The Diverse Regeneration Company. We’re here to help!