The Future Farming Resilience Fund is designed to provide FREE business support to farmers and land managers during the early years of the agricultural transition.
The move away from Basic Payments over the next 7 years marks the biggest change to agricultural funding in more than a generation and is likely to be a concern for many farmers. Instead, the new Environmental Land Management (ELM) scheme which replaces it, will encourage farmers to focus on sustainable farming practices, encourage biodiversity and create new habitats for wildlife.
Support will help farmers and land managers to:
- understand the changes that are happening
- identify how, what and when they may need to adapt their business models
- access tailored support to adapt.
FREE Support will be given as follows:
- Information workshops on the agricultural transition
- 1-2-1 support.
- Bespoke advice including financial diagnostics and an action plan.
- Specialist workshop on themes such as diversification, exiting the farming industry and environmental schemes.
The DR Company will be working in partnership with Business Information Point (BIP) Okehampton to run free workshops, held in local venues throughout Devon and Somerset, starting in September. These will be followed by individual, one-to-one support with an experienced agricultural advisor. Topics of discussion will include business diversification, productivity, new grants schemes and succession planning.
The support is available from September 2021 to February 2022 to any farmer or land manager currently in receipt of BPS payments located in Devon or Somerset.
For full details of the support and to register on a free workshop please visit the Business Information Point website at businessinfopoint.co.uk/ffr.