The Community Recovery grant has been designed to support organisations undertaking projects that provide social and economic benefits throughout the region.
The Community Recovery Grant is being run by local Borough Councils. (For West Devon and South Hams, please click on the link at the end of this document.)
Who can apply?
Any organisation based in the region and registered for tax purposes is eligible to apply for a Community Recovery Grant. This includes:
- Limited Companies, including social enterprises and CIC’s. (Must be registered with a company number on Companies House)
- Sole Traders/Partnerships (Registered with HMRC and able to provide a Unique Tax Reference Number)
- Charitable Organisations (Registered with the Charities Commission and with a Charity Number)
- Precepting Authorities and other public sector bodies
What sort of projects are you looking for?
There will be support for new projects, or developments to existing projects, that can provide a high return of local benefit, relative to the grant value requested.
Examples of projects include:
- Marketing and promotion of the region
- Local economy regeneration
- Creation or support of local jobs
- Business to business cooperation
- Support for multiple local sectors and organisations
- Outreach and assistance for vulnerable populations
- Forging new or strengthening community links
The benefits need to be specific to your project – generalised benefits like “increasing footfall” or “increasing spending in the local shops” will not be sufficient – unless that is the specific aim of your project. The more detailed and specific you can be about how the project will improve your community, the more likely it is that we can support your project.
How much money is available?
Unlike previous grants, organisations are responsible for requesting and justifying the award they need for their project.
Requests should start at £2000, and go up to £10,000.
Partial funding may be offered if appropriate. Larger awards may be considered for exceptional projects, but proposals will need to show significant tangible benefits and measurable outcomes.
You will need to clearly specify how the money will be spent and the benefits to the community it will bring.
How do I apply?
From 1 November 2021, eligible organisations with a relevant project will be asked to fill out an application form, including the following
- Details about the organisation
- A summary project proposal, in less than 200 words describing the project and the intended benefits to the local economy and communities
- Total project cost
- Amount of award requested from the Community Recovery GrantApplications will open on 1 November 2021, and run until 30 November 2021.Projects will be assessed in December 2021 and funds will be paid to successful projects in early 2022.These dates may be subject to change, depending on the volume and quality of applications received.
For more information and how to apply visit the West Devon Borough Council – Community Recovery Grant funding page: Click Here
If you would like help with your application, please get in touch with one of our experts, here at The DR Company who will be happy to help and advise. Get in touch