Below are just some of the questions you may be asking if you are planning on re-opening your cafe, and using outside seating to help with social distancing. For answers to these and full licensing applications in Devon visit: devon.gov.uk
- Can I get a street cafe licence for my mobile catering van?
- Why do I need a licence?
- What happens if I don’t apply for a licence?
- Are picnic benches ok?
- Do I need to get planning permission as well as a highway licence?
- I have just taken ownership of premises. Is the previous owner’s licence still valid?
- Is a consultation needed if I am just renewing my licence?
- I’ve already got planning permission for outdoor tables and chairs – do I also need a highway licence?
- My balcony overhangs the pavement – can I put tables and chairs under there without a licence?