Business Grant Update
Local councils have been working very hard to pay out millions to funding local businesses and thousands have already applied for the grant. However, there are still many businesses who have not yet applied for their grant funding despite having been sent a letter inviting them to do so.
If you have received a letter but don’t think you’re eligible and have not applied because:
- You’re in receipt of Small Business Rate Relief and currently don’t pay rates; or
- Your normal level of earnings during the lockdown period is likely to be less than £10,000.
You should be reassured, and you should apply.
The £10,000 grant is applicable to all small businesses operating from premises on 11th March 2020 where the Rateable Value is less than £15,000. The grant is a one off payment and is paid regardless of expected levels of turnover or profit.
South Hams and West Devon Councils have also given their top tips to get your application through quickly and right first time:
- Take time to double check key numbers in your application when entering the unique reference number and business rates account number
- If you have a company, enter the company name as exactly as it appears on the records on Companies House
- When uploading your bank account statement, also enter your business rates account number
All these things if they are incorrect will mean that the claim won’t go straight through when being processed and will delay the claim.