We provide advice and assistance to businesses to help you start up, develop and grow.
As a private sector business ourselves we have a good understanding of what it takes to be successful, even when the economic circumstances are challenging – particularly through this current COVID 19 Pandemic.
Here are some business advice tips from the Federation of Small Businesses to help cashflow and keep businesses working:
Keeping cashflow going in businesses:
- Look at ways of decreasing costs
- Communicate and have conversations with customers – chase outstanding monies – especially if they are large companies or government departments, look at negotiating earlier payment terms for the time being
- Speak to main borrowing provider – the main route of accessing the business interruption loan scheme will be through existing banks
- Stay close to your local authority (district council) who will be administering the grants and giving the business rate relief (most dc’s have active social media posts updating people)
- FSB have a funding platform with access to 30 providers
Make sure you are covered and that your insurance stays valid: Let your insurance company know if you:
- change your offering, eg. If you start a food delivery service element to your business
- or staff start to work from home and wouldn’t normally do so
Care re fraud:
- Unfortunately there are already lots of scams and fraud activity
- Make sure you only use trusted sources and links such as .gov and your local authority or business support company contact details as well as the FSB
See our COVID 19 – Business Support page for advice on the current government support schemes. https://www.drcompany.co.uk/about/testimonials/
We have experience of working across all business sectors; assessing ideas for their viability, carrying out market research, preparing cashflow and financial information, and writing full business plans.
We can also advise on finance and funding opportunities, and carry out bid writing on behalf of businesses or other organisations. If there is any free or subsidised support available
elsewhere, we will always share this with you.