The Diverse Regeneration Company (a CIC, not-for-profit organisation) are experts in helping rural & coastal businesses and communities across the UK – not only secure grant funding for projects in sectors such as farming, forestry, tourism and community but can also help with business and project planning. We are here to help businesses and communities prosper and thrive.
The Diverse Regeneration Company (formerly known as Devon Renaissance), was set up in 2005 at our head office in Okehampton, Devon with the aim of bringing together a broad team of experts, all able to identify barriers to growth, raise the profile of rural issues and support business development and sustainability, while also seeking ways to increase the quality and quantity of jobs in rural areas.
WHAT WE DO:
We are here to provide expert advice, friendly professional support and practical assistance to rural and coastal businesses and communities. Our team is made up of local consultants and advisors who offer expert advice gleaned from their wide experience and knowledge of supporting rural businesses – from small scale enterprises to multi million pound capital ventures.
We help dozens of projects to become a reality every year, by providing guidance and assistance at all stages of project development and delivery.
Examples of the types of projects we work with include:
- Economic projects – such as mentoring and support to get people into work or help set up a new business.
- Business Development – such as projects premises expansion and fit out, developing a new product range or introducing new equipment.
- Community projects – such as building or refurbishing village halls, community shops, play parks, allotments and supporting community groups themselves.
- Collaborative projects – such as projects that bring together businesses from specific rural sectors eg farmers, foresters, fishermen.
- Tourism and Outdoor projects – such as new trails and paths, new tourism partnerships, visitor attractions and outdoor activity business partnerships.
- Culture and Heritage – such as restoring heritage buildings, converting agricultural buildings into work space, cultural trails.
We also offer assistance with securing grant funding for projects in sectors such as farming, forestry, tourism and community, and are experts at ensuring successful applications and subsequent claims. Not only do we manage a range of grant funding programmes ourselves, our team of experts help businesses and communities identify other funding programmes that may be suitable for their needs and can support them in the often daunting process of completing applications and claims.
We can also help with many aspects of business from project planning, future forecasting, bid writing, project research, diversification advice (and support), to managing full funding programmes on behalf of public sector organisations. The breadth of knowledge across our team is vast, so if you need help with any aspect of your business or community project – we can help!
To find out more about the variety of projects, businesses and communities we have worked with, please see Inspirational Projects pages
Take a look at our ‘NEWS & FUNDING’ page for latest government business support options and all current funding programmes.